Last Updated – December 12, 2023
This explains the types of cookies and other tracking technologies that E-Magneto can place on your device when you visit our website or if you are visiting the store front of a merchant who uses our platform to power their site.
What Are Cookies
A cookie is information downloaded to your computer or device while visiting certain websites. We use several cookies on the E-Magneto website, including performances, advertising, social media, and content cookies. Cookie improves your browsing experience by allowing the website to remember your actions (such as login and region selection).
This means you don’t have to re-enter this information when you revisit the site. Cookies also provide information about people and how they use the website, for instance, whether it’s their first time visiting a site.
Cookies That We Use And The Reason Why?
We also use functional cookies to remember choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, such as your user name, language, or the region you are in. This allows us to tailor your website experience specifically to your preferences. For example, authentication cookies are functional cookies used for the duration of a session (or persistent, if you agree to the “remember me” function) to allow users to authenticate themselves on subsequent visits to gain access to authorized content across pages. The functional cookies we use include the following:
- User-centric security cookies detect authentication abuses for a limited persistent duration, like repeated failed login attempts. These cookies are set for the specific task of increasing the security of the service.
- Multimedia content player session cookies (flash cookies) are used for a session to store technical data needed to play back video or audio content (e.g., image quality, network link speed, and buffering parameters).
- Load balancing session cookies are used for a period to identify the same server in the pool for the load balancer to redirect user requests appropriately.
- User interface customization persistent cookies store a user’s preference regarding a service across web pages.
- E-Magneto is dedicated to our user experience, and we use many tools to help you improve your website and e-commerce platforms. Our reporting and analyticcookies to collect data about how often you use our website and our merchants’ store fronts. These cookies gather statistical information, and we use cookie identifiers that do not identify you.
Advertising cookies are used to tailor marketing according to you and your interests and provide you with more personalized service in the future. These cookies remember that you visited our website, and we may share this information with the third parties, such as advertisers. These cookies can also track your visits to our website and other sites, but they cannot identify you. These cookies are necessary for the advertisements to be more relevant and interesting.
Cookies Used By E-Magneto
- First-party Cookies:Cookies that E-Magneto places on their website.
- Third-party Cookies:Cookies that are used by third-party companies that are E-Magneto’s partners.
It is important to note that neither E-Magneto accesses third-party cookies nor can other third-party organizations can access the data in the cookies we use on our website. E-Magneto does not allow third parties to use the cookies for any other purposes.
Duration Of Cookies
Cookies may have different durations according to their functionality.
- Session cookies:It only last for your online session, the browser deletes these cookies once you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies:It stays on your device after the browser has been closed and last for the time specified in the cookie.
The cookies used in our website fall into one of the four categories.
- Essential Cookies: It lets you move around the website and use important features like private and secure areas.
- Analytic Cookies: It lets us understand how you use our website (e.g. which pages you visit), provide statistics on how it is used, and improve the website by identifying any errors and performance issues.
- Functional Cookies: Are used to remember choices that users use to improve their experiences (e.g., language).
- Marketing Cookies:It collects information about the impact of our marketing campaigns performed on other websites on users and non-users.
Cookie Settings –
- Important Cookies
They enable core functionality like security and network management and provide you with features like your profile and purchases, member-only resources, and other areas of the website. You may turn these off by changing your browser setting, which affects how your website functions.
- Marketing and Analytic Cookies